Thursday, 20 February 2014

'cause I'm a bad habit | Current music favourites

Hello!

It has been a few too many days since I last posted and for that I apologise. University has taken over my life at the moment and everything else has kind of fallen off the side for me. 

This week I am aiming to get organised and get everything figured out. My diary has become my best friend as well as the notes app on my phone. I have been setting myself deadlines and writing lots of lists to help get my up to speed on coursework, and so far it's working!

I have been listening to a lot of music these last two weeks to help get me through my coursework and I'd love to share my favourites.

Whilst studying I generally like to listen to quite chilled and relaxing music to help me focus and Snow Mantled Love are my go to band. I know they may not be everyone's cup of tea but I do love them and their EP's are free on bandcamp, so go check them out.


In these last few weeks I have also fallen in love with Foals all over again. They have been one of my favourite bands since about 2006, but these last few weeks I haven't been able to stop listening to Holy Fire which is a phenomenal album. I am hoping to see them live again some time soon.

Thirdly, and finally, is a song from my absolute favourite band ever whom I also discovered in 2006 (Most of my favourite band are MySpace discoveries from when I was about 11 or 12, how cool was I?). This is the Shikari Sound System Remix of Radiate by Enter Shikari. There's just always something about Enter Shikari songs. Different ones take me back to different periods in my life and remind me of different people, and this song does exactly that. This is a very chilled remix and, like most of their songs, it reminds me of my good friend Kingsley who I met in 2006. Our mutual love of Shikari (and Star Wars) has been an important part of our friendship and this song reminds me of that and it just makes me happy. :) 



I hope you are all well, sorry about the slightly different post but I should have a normal beautyish one this weekend!

x

Twitter: @sarahh497
Instagram: sarah497

No comments:

Post a Comment